Here’s to a great day. Have you had your coffee or Red Bull yet? Hope your not sitting in traffic this fine morning! What gets you started in each day?
We had a nice dinner with friends this weekend in Philadelphia. We went to a place called El Vez which is popular for Mexican dishes.
We had a delicious “BAZOOKA” LIMON guacamole as an appetizer. It is made with goat cheese, pistachio, chile flake and roasted tomato.
We tried the pulled pork tacos with slow roasted pork, avocado salsa and smoked jalapeno vinaigrette and sea bass tacos made with sweet potato puree, grilled scallions and fried jalapeno. Delicious!
For dessert we enjoyed the El Vez flourless chocolate cake, peanut custard with caramelized bananas, chocolate sauce, peanut butter ice cream. Also, the tres leches cake and orange flan.
Also pictured are shots of Philadelphia City Hall and a local landmark known as The Union League which was established in 1862. The “League” was founded to suppress the rebellion of the American Civil War and to preserve the Union.
I don’t golf but if you do,and your ever in the area, be sure to check out the Crystal Spring Resort in Sussex County, NJ. We stayed there over a weekend and had a very relaxing time. The views were amazing! The food was great!
This resort is were I went and then posted about my encounter with the bears. So great hiking in the area as well. The bears were not near this part of the resort! It is near the Appalachian Trail.
Below are some pictures from the Bistro. I had the steak and my wife had the seafood over risotto. (I can do without the foam) The complimentary lobster with black pasta was a nice touch. My wife never had scallops before. I tasted them and I told her that after she eats these, she should never eats scallops again. Others will never live up to her expectations after this meal!
From the website:
Crystal Springs Resort is a spectacular NJ vacation destination, acclaimed as the New York Metro area’s most unique four-season resort. Located in the rolling farmland of the Garden State’s picturesque northwest, our world-class NJ resort is just an hour from New York City.
- 7 championship NJ golf courses, including Golf Digest’s top-rated Ballyowen and the world’s #1 golf instructor, David Leadbetter’s Golf Academy.
- Accommodations at the luxurious Grand Cascades Lodge in Hamburg, family-friendly Minerals Resort & Spa or recreation-rich Mountain Creek in Vernon
- 12 outstanding restaurants, cafes, & bistros
- 4-Star Restaurant Latour boasting one of the world’s best Wine Spectator Grand Award-winning Wine Cellars with 135,000+ bottles
- Two fabulous NJ day spas including the new Reflections Spa and Elements Spa, rated #1 in NJ
- 41 trails at the NY Metro Area’s closest major ski area, Mountain Creek – with over $20 million in new resort improvements including a new lodge, ground-breaking learn-to center, tons of new dining, waterpark, Mountain Creek Bike Park, ZOOM zip line, mountain coaster and so much more!
- 100,000+ sq. ft of impeccably-designed venues for meetings, weddings, & catered events
- Endless events, activities and area attractions in all seasons – including hiking, wine tasting, festivals, shopping, skiing & snowboarding, mountain biking, waterparks and more!